As always, thanks so much for watching!
My Patreon Page – https://www.patreon.com/pedullastudio
Thanks to Britton Timbers for supplying the Walnut and Plantation Oak- https://brittontimbers.com.au/
This Leaf Hall Table was built using Walnut and Plantation Oak which is essentially Tasmanian Oak grown in a sustainably controlled environment.
I’ve used copper leaf to help accent some of the details in the top but because the table top isn’t flat, I’ve used 10mm acrylic to provide a flat surface. I decided to use acrylic instead of glass in this situation mostly because of the weight but also because I wanted to use screws to hold down the top. The screws go through the support dowels and into the leaves themselves providing a strong grab. Please note this table has been designed as a display table and isn’t meant for heavy use like a dining table, otherwise acrylic would not be a suitable choice in this scenario. The screws have then been covered by custom oak buttons.
The Oak leaf tops are held into place using some metal brackets that will help the tops to expand and contract, although there won’t be much movement in the oak as it is quarter sawn material.
I decided to share my story of how I became a furniture maker in the hopes that it may give some insight into the process, as well as provide some clarity to those who aren’t sure whether or not they need a qualification.
If you would like to know more about the creative side of my business and other businesses by actual professionals who know how to produce incredible films, I suggest checking out @artstry This production team have created a series, designed to give an insight into the creative processes of artists, creators and designers. There’s plenty more videos to come from them so be sure to subscribe.
If you want to check out my episode, click here – https://youtu.be/gY2zuTUBigI
– What finish do I use – Fiddes Hard Wax Oil (link below)
– What glues do I use – Titebond III and Polyurethane Glue
Tools and Products used in this video (affiliate links) –
– Arbortech Turbo Plane – https://geni.us/aIZe
– Carbide Carving Discs (Very Course) – https://geni.us/gSNxu
– Carbide Carving Discs (Course) – https://geni.us/Ay5iVz
– Fiddes Oil – https://www.fiddesaustralia.com/pedulla/
– All Other Products I Use – https://kit.co/nickpedulla
Camera Gear I Use (affiliate links)-
– Video Camera – https://geni.us/F3jov
– Photography Camera – https://geni.us/lw9Om
– Lighting Amaran 100D – https://geni.us/gmwz
– Lighting Amaran 200D (more powerful) – https://geni.us/DpKM
Designed, built, filmed and edited by Nick Pedulla from Pedulla Studio
Music from www.epidemicsound.com
#woodworking #woodwork #furniture making
Website – https://pedullastudio.com.au/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/pedullastudio/
Gear I use – https://kit.co/nickpedulla
Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/pedullastudio